[arch-general] Issues with torrents

Leonidas Spyropoulos artafinde at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 03:26:50 EDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 11:31 PM, Alexandre Ferrando <alferpal at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25 October 2012 23:03, Figue <ffigue at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've a similar issue like you with Deluge. A post that describes what I see
>> in my /var/log:
>> https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=123807
>>
>> |[...]
>> TCP: Possible SYN flooding on port 53126. Dropping request|
>> [...]
>>

> I don't have any messages like that on my logs.
>

>> A workaround in this case it's disabling SYN flood protection in the kernel,
>> adding to /etc/sysctl.conf
>>     net.ipv4.tcp_syncookies=0
>
> That doesn't help. I'm starting to think this is ISP related.

Universities networks often block torrent protocol on the proxy level.
Also recently (last 2 years) with all that fuzz on torrents and
piracy, ISPs usually sniff package traffic and throttle torrents also.
Alternative ways have been proposed, search if your ISP is blocking
the torrents and what you could do to work around it.

--
Caution: breathing may be hazardous to your health.

#include <stdio.h>
int main(){printf("%s","\x4c\x65\x6f\x6e\x69\x64\x61\x73");}