[arch-general] systemd and local group membership

Rodrigo Rivas rodrigorivascosta at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 07:46:53 EDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 5:47 AM, Curtis Shimamoto <
sugar.and.scruffy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I did run into one problem though.  I sometimes use mplayer from the
> console.  To do this, I have set mplayer up to use fbdev2.  Previously
> (when in all those groups), I was able to do this with no problem.  but
> after making these changes, I suddenly had to be root to use mplayer in
> framebuffer mode.
>
> I realized that this was because /dev/fb0 was not included in the
> 70-uaccess.rules.  I am no expert in udev rules, but I have written a
> few for various things.  This file was dead simple to understand, so I
> copied it over to /etc/udev/rules.d and added:
>
> # framebuffer
> SUBSYSTEM=="graphics", KERNEL=="fb0", TAG+="uaccess"

I think it is better to add a file /etc/udev/rules.d/71-my-uaccess.rules
with just the line you need to add, instead of copying the whole
70-uaccess.rules file. That way you still get the upgrades to the standard
file. Note that the names of the files make no difference, other than the
order of execution.

Regards
--
Rodrigo