[arch-general] systemd and local group membership

Thiago Kenji Okada thiago.mast3r at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 22:44:51 EDT 2012

> Not really. Logind does not at all manage non-local users, so if you
> want to give them access to your hardware you have to use another
> mechanism (such as groups).

I'm trying to setup an Arch instalation with remote logins using LDAP and
systemd and didn't have audio at all. So it because of this? There is no
other way to give remote users access to audio without putting all of them
on "audio" group? I would prefer a better way to deal with this.

Well, I even tried to create a local user and didn't have audio too (ls -la
/dev/snd didn't show extended permissions), but maybe something is wrong
with my PAM setup (or even NSS).

--
Thiago Kenji Okada <thiago.mast3r at gmail.com>
PGP Key: EEC09705