[arch-general] systemd and local group membership

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 29 15:07:15 EDT 2012

> So far, I have not heard any mention of this being a bad idea, or a
> security concern.

I much prefer the output of ls but the acl man page says that the acls
update the filesystem permissions and vice versa, so I would expect that
if the getfacl command shows rw for the users you have in the video
group and nothing for others then the permission settings atleast are
equivalent. Having said that, I cannot see how to show all users
permissions logged in and out, such as multiple members of groups using
getfacl, atleast on a quick test with my log file permissions anyway.

Maybe there is no need to?

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)