[arch-general] ssd

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Tue Oct 30 21:01:24 EDT 2012

[2012-10-30 19:19:34 -0500] Juan Diego Tascón:
> Yes my question was more oriented towards the kind of answer you just gave
> me. To conclude I think I'll relocate my home directory to the ssd.

That really depends on how big you expect your /home to be... Without
movies and music most people do not go over a few gigs, which would be
fine on the SSD.

> One more question regarding the first answer: how can I tell if my ssd is
> high quality? are there any tests? or maybe a references-features list? or
> maybe some utility to fetch ssd info?

If your SSD comes from a reputable brand (say, Intel) and/or you paid a
pretty penny for it, then it should be high-quality. I know no other way
to check that other than looking the specs up.

--
Gaetan