[arch-general] How to specify a Type 1 font in .Xresources?

Damjan gdamjan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 14:08:30 EDT 2012

On сре, 31 окт 2012 16:19:17 CET, D. R. Evans wrote:
> Damjan Georgievski said the following at 10/31/2012 08:24 AM :
>

>> There are two types of font systems in Linux/X11. So the answer
>> depends on what application you need it for.
>
> How can I tell which system I am using in the application? The application
> uses plain old xlib calls. (Indeed, I don't know any other way to write
> reliable low-level X code, but I can't say I've looked very hard.)

You can tell the name of the program for one. Secondly, you can check
if it links to /usr/lib/libXft.so.2 or /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1

Anyway, assuming your application uses X11 core fonts, xlsfonts will
list them all. The Xorg server has bult-in support for TrueType, Type1
and bitmap fonts, and a default search path for them (check for
"FontPath set to" in the /var/log/Xorg.0.log file). Fonts installed by
packages are usually automatically available.

--
дамјан