[arch-general] Postgresql with Systemd

Paul Gideon Dann pdgiddie at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 11:10:21 EDT 2012

I'm having some trouble getting postgresql working with systemd.  The unit
originally would fail to start, until I realised that the script it uses to
start assume that the variables in /etc/conf.d/postgresql will be defined, and
in my setup they were commented out.

Once I'd uncommented them, the unit starts OK, and I can connect using pgsql.
However, there is no domain socket created at /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432, which is
clearly not right.  It means that phpPgAdmin is broken in its default
configuration.

I'd be surprised if noone else had encountered this, although I can't find any
obvious chatter online.  Has someone determined the best way to fix?

Paul