[arch-general] bind9, apache 2 & sftp management

C Anthony Risinger anthony at xtfx.me
Thu Sep 6 00:06:56 EDT 2012

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 4:59 PM, Δημήτρης Ζέρβας <01ttouch at gmail.com> wrote:
> i know that, my problem is "central management" so my users can add their
> domains etc.

http://www.proftpd.org/docs/contrib/mod_sftp.html

... at work we run a setup that uses PAM to authenticate, but the PAM
module ONLY looks at a Django database for users/etc (per a custom PAM
service name) ... then we run proftpd specifically for SFTP-only
access by external vendors.  postgres is the DB in use (which, of
course, there is no reason to run anything else because postgres is
phenomenally more powerful and simple than ... others ;-).

the files have been scrubbed (via regex, possibly subtly broken in
process) but it should get you going; things to note as they will
likely need attention:

 - targets debian, arch will need uid/gid tweaks, among others?
 - requires bcrypt django auth (if used)
 - requires pgcrypto for the target DB (if used ^^^^)

... all files are pretty well commented tho. HTH.

https://gist.github.com/3651050

# tree
.
`-- etc