[arch-general] swt - why depends bump to java-runtime>=7?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Sep 10 17:06:46 EDT 2012

Guys, Guillaume,

   Do you know if the recent depends bump in swt is do to an actual break in
compatibility with java-runtime 6.x or was it just do to a package support
issue? The PKGBUILD was updated a couple of days ago to:

-depends=('java-runtime>=6' 'gtk2>=2.20.1' 'libxtst')
+depends=('java-runtime>=7' 'gtk2>=2.20.1' 'libxtst')

   I have a couple of my children's games that are still openjdk_6 based, so I
was putting off the update. I'll check it out, but I thought I would ask to
see if somebody already knew. Thanks.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.