[arch-general] Help mounting Windows drive

Randy gumper1034 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 17:56:05 EDT 2012

On 09/10/2012 02:51 PM, Daniel Pirek wrote:
> iirc i mounted my windows shares with WORKGROUP\\Username ,
> have you tried that ?
>
> Pi
>
> Randy <gumper1034 at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Maybe missing DOMAIN or WORKGROUP in "username=" ?
>>>
>>> Rafael
>>>
>> I just tried changing "username=USERNAME" to
>> "username=WORKGROUP/USERNAME" and I get the same results.

Thanks to everyone for all the help. I was finally able to get it going.
Apparently the IP address changed on the Windows system. I was pinging
what I thought was the correct IP address and getting a reply back but I
must have been pinging another device, possibly an Ipod touch.

I wasn't aware that the IP address on the pc could change like it did. I
need to look into how to fix it to the same IP address so that I don't
have the same problem in the future.

Randy