[arch-general] Using install dual iso 2012-09-07 - graphics issue?

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 15:49:06 EDT 2012

I have made a bootable usbkey with the archlinux-2012.09.07-dual.iso
file but having tried to boot it, both on an Inspiron 530s and also a
Samsung Q35 netbook, there is a blue "graphics" screen but it does not
stop and offer me the choice of i686 or x86_64 but carries straight on
to boot to the normal prompt. So I can't choose which architecture to
use for the install.

Does anyone know a workaround to be able to get to choose which of 32
or 64 bit to boot for the install? Or is there a problem with this new
install media on some hardware?

I have done quit a bit of reading but not seen this issue mentioned in
any of the arch wiki or other google searches.

Thanks

--
mike c