[arch-general] Speech recognition

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Sep 15 21:09:19 EDT 2012

On Sat, 2012-09-15 at 02:14 +0200, olli at coderkun.de wrote:
> I made quite good experience with julius¹
> ([AUR]²) and simon for the german language

Hi :)

I compiled and installed Julius from
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=29210 and then I build Simon
from https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=14718 , but I can't
install it. Did you install Julius and Simon on the same Linux install?

[spinymouse at archlinux simon]$ pacman -Qi julius
Version        : 4.2.1-1
Architecture   : x86_64

[spinymouse at archlinux simon]$ grep arch= PKGBUILD
arch=('x86_64')

[spinymouse at archlinux simon]$ sudo pacman -U *xz
Targets (1): simon-0.3.0-1
(1/1) checking package integrity
(1/1) checking for file conflicts
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
simon: /usr/bin/adintool exists in filesystem
simon: /usr/bin/dfa_minimize exists in filesystem
simon: /usr/bin/mkfa exists in filesystem
simon: /usr/include/julius/acconfig.h exists in filesystem
simon: /usr/include/julius/[snip]
simon: /usr/include/sent/adin.h exists in filesystem
simon: /usr/include/sent/[snip]
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

I'll read the Juliusbook
http://sourceforge.jp/projects/julius/downloads/47534/Juliusbook-4.1.5.pdf/ , however could you please send an example command for listening to a mic by ALSA and to output the text to an editor?

Regards,
Ralf