[arch-general] Using Recoll to index tar.gz files

Randy gumper1034 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 21:30:04 EDT 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to get Recoll to index either tar or tar.gz files without
success. Per the instructions on Recoll's website I added the
filter rcltar to the filters folder and modified my mimeconf file to
include the following line:

application/x-tar = execm rcltar

Nothing works. It doesn't find text that is included in any tar or
tar.gz file. It will work correctly on other compressed file formats
such as zip and rar. Just not tar or tar.gz.

Is there anyone else here that uses Recoll on tar or tar.gz files? If
so, what's your secret?

Thanks,

Randy