[arch-general] [OT] Sending a laptop to the repair shop

Calvin Morrison mutantturkey at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 00:26:15 EDT 2012

I just had my x220 repaired at a small place. I told them I used linux
exclusively and that I didn't want to give out my password. They understood
and everything went ok.

Typically they just want your password to verify that everything works and
maybe to run a quick system cleanup which is very common. In my case I was
having part of the screen fixed and obviously did not need it.

this is a good time to keep a small windows installation handy but empty
and just sent the grub default 2 windows when you are going to the shop