[arch-general] Cannot see tty after starting X

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Sep 21 08:34:44 EDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-09-21 at 16:04 +0530, Aurko Roy wrote:
> I downgraded to xf86-video-nouveau 1.0.1-1 and the ttys are working again.
> I guess the latest update (1.0.2-1) is buggy.

I switched from my on-board ATI to an PCIe NVIDI card.
At the moment I struggle with issues regarding to real-time audio and
MIDI. In the past I used nv and nvidia with other distros and older
kernels and I had no issues. Nouveau didn't work in the past.

At the moment real-time using nv, and nouveau doesn't work as needed and
nvidia-rt doesn't work.

I'm undecided what I'll try the next. Perhaps I'll remove the NVIDIA
card and test if the ATI is the better choice at the moment.

I also will compare Arch with other installs on my machine.

At the moment NVIDIA for my Arch Linux is a PITA. First I had issues to
switch back from nouveau to nv. Hopefully switching to ATI and as the
case may be, switching back will be easier.

Regards,
Ralf