[arch-general] libffado update

Aapo Vienamo aapo.vienamo at iki.fi
Fri Sep 21 09:36:25 EDT 2012

Hello. I noticed that libffado was updated recently. It looks like that the new
version of libffado is incompatible with the version of jack in the arch repos.

To demonstrate the problem:

aapo ~ $ jackd -dfirewire -r192000
jackd 0.121.3
Copyright 2001-2009 Paul Davis, Stephane Letz, Jack O'Quinn, Torben Hohn and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

firewire ERR: Incompatible libffado version! (libffado 2.1.0-Unversioned directory)
cannot load driver module firewire
no message buffer overruns

What should be done about this? I have tried jack2 but I found it too unstable
to be actually useful.