[arch-general] / mounted ro after update

Guus Snijders gsnijders at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 13:07:14 EDT 2012

Op 21 sep. 2012 09:00 schreef "P .NIKOLIC" <p.nikolic1 at btinternet.com> het
volgende:

> On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 14:26:54 +0100
> "P .NIKOLIC" <p.nikolic1 at btinternet.com> wrote:

> > > A workaround rather than a fix but may help investigate or fix the
> > > odd machine. Have you tried switching out the
> > >
> > > UUID=a1439104-fcea-4c90-b0fb-2340154a9eae for /dev/sda3 in fstab?
> > >
> Right then lets get back on thread here

yes, you're right.

> Still with this problem of mounted ro i have been doing a little bit of
> messing  and the result is to say the very least strange and out there
> somewhere .
>
> Bring the box up init3   all drives mount ok  sda1 sda3 & sda4 all
> mount rw
>
> bring the machine up with KDM  sda3 and sda4 both show ro but if i do
> not actually log into KDE and Ctrl Alt F1 to a text prompt login as
> root  mount shows all drives correctly mounted rw  the  Alt F7 log
> into KDE then check and the drives have been re  mounted ro

Ok, so only after logging in to kde are the drives mounted ro?
Sounds like an automounter going haywire.

I'm not familliar with current KDE's, but maybe you can try creating a new
user and see what happens when you log in with that.
If that works ok, it's a problem with your KDE config.

mvg, Guus