[arch-general] Laptop auto shudown

Martín Cigorraga msx at archlinux.us
Thu Sep 27 14:43:33 EDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 11:08 AM, 大熊 <bearsprite at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a fresh installed laptop, DE is lxde. It is a clean system, no more
> tweak.
>
> Recently I found a strange problem: after I close the lid about 5 minutes,
> laptop will shutdown itself!
>
> I donot remeber I have do some setting about power management, and I have
> installed pm-utils, but not acpid.
>
> Is it a default feature of archlinux on laptop?
>
> --
> 立志在女儿把我搞崩溃前把她养大
> 看着女儿一天天长大,可惜我还是菜鸟

Hi Zhao.

"Is it a default feature of archlinux on laptop?"
No it's not, for sure.

Do you have installed any of power management tools like cpupower/cpufreq,
pm-utils, acpid and laptop-mode tools? If not please check your BIOS
settings for anything related deep energy saving settings.
I neve use LXDE before so I don't know anything of that DE but you might
want to check for any built-in energy management system it could have.