[arch-general] Iinstallation program

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Thu Sep 27 17:23:04 EDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 08:24:21PM +0100, mike cloaked wrote:

> There seems to be quite a lot of fuss about the installer - however I
> have installed arch on a laptop two days ago that was running a
> non-arch distro until then - I have to say that once I had done the
> necessary reading so that I was happy I could go through the steps
> needed the entire initial install only took me a short time.

Having done a few installs with the new system I can confirm
this, and I must say do like it and prefer it over the previous
'automatic' installer. It's much more open and you know exactly
what's happening. It may scare off some novices, but otoh if
they 'bite the bullet' they will learn a lot.

Ciao,

--
FA