[arch-general] Iinstallation program

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Thu Sep 27 17:44:24 EDT 2012

One thing I like about the current arch install methodology is that it's
incremental.  If you don't have time to finish the install in one sitting
all you need do is remember which step last completed then start up the
computer and carry on from there at some later time.  Since alternatives
exist for boot loaders if one doesn't work you can go and try another and
when that works and everything else has worked before that in the install
process you're good to go.  A single install program might get the
intelligence to try to install multiple boot loaders to find out which
ones will work and which won't, but I've never encountered any single
install program that did that as a routine matter yet.