[arch-general] Newly installed system without uuidd user

Rodrigo Rivas rodrigorivascosta at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 12:49:03 EDT 2012

Hello all!

I know, this should go to the bugtracker, but I couldn't find the
`arch-install-scripts` anywhere... so I'm bringing it here.

I've just installed a new Arch in a VM using the new & improved
`archlinux-2012.09.07-dual.iso`. It went quite well and painless but I
noticed a weird error in the boot screen:

[/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/uuidd.conf:1] Unknown user 'uuidd'

Right! There is no user 'uuidd' anywhere. The solution is actually easy:

# pacman -S util-linux

That reinstalls the package and recreates the user. So, if the `util-linux`
package is correct, I reckon that is a bug in the `arch-install-scripts`,
isn't it?

Regards
--
Rodrigo