[arch-general] want to try systemd but need some advice

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sat Sep 29 17:29:53 EDT 2012

On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 10:59:45PM +0200, Rodrigo Rivas wrote:

> Well, you can disable the registering of systemd-logind sessions by
> deleting the lines with "pam_systemd.so" from the files /etc/pam.d/*. Not
> sure if that will be enough, or even wise.
> And now that you are into it, you could delete also the
> "pam_ck_connector.so" lines and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks for the advice, but so far I have not installed anything,
and I will only do so if and when I'm convinced that I will be
able to configure the system as I want it. Which is nothing
special since it has been working exactly like that for the past
few years and with absolutley minimal reconfiguration effort from
my side. And also because it's not a toy but something I depend
on for my income.

I'm perfectly prepared to put some effort into migrating to
systemd, but I'm not prepared to 'fight' it in order to get
what I want. If systemd is half as superior as it is claimed
to be, then some manpage, or wiki, or an experienced user
should be able to tell me what to do, without ifs and maybes.
So far that is not the case, but I hope for the best.

Ciao,

--
FA