[arch-general] Permission Denied cifs mount

Guillermo Leira gleira at gleira.com
Mon Apr 1 02:25:13 EDT 2013

I'm having a similar problem: I can mount cifs shares from Windows Servers,
but can't mount from an old Acer NAS. It reports that is using
Server=[Samba 3.0.20a-fs9]

Hmmm... I have found this: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=159915

It works for me. I don't understand the security implications.

Best Regards,

Guillermo Leira