[arch-general] Is makepkg completely broken in pacman 4.1 ?

fredbezies fredbezies at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 04:40:06 EDT 2013

Hello.

I just upgraded to pacman 4.1.0 this morning, and I wanted to build some
packages from AUR, like qemu-git for example.

But when I launch makepkg -s, I got this message :

==> ERROR: qemu-git is not available for the '@CARCH@' architecture.
    Note that many packages may need a line added to their PKGBUILD
    such as arch=('@CARCH@').

Of course, it worked yesterday with previous makepkg. I try with pacman
4.1.0 from testing and I get :

==> ERROR: pacman is not available for the '@CARCH@' architecture.
    Note that many packages may need a line added to their PKGBUILD
    such as arch=('@CARCH@').
==> ERROR: install file (pacman.install) does not exist.

So I reported a bug : https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/34542

Did anybody get this too ?

Thanks for your answer.

--