[arch-general] 3.8.6 kernel compile fails with gcc 4.8

Damjan gdamjan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 13:31:29 EDT 2013

> Are you using a clean source? might want to try downloading or checking
> out a fresh source. make clean or mrproper might clean up if there are
> previous bad builds.

it's a clean git clone.  HEAD is "Linux 3.8.6"
$ git rev-parse HEAD
00cfbb8ad0a6419f40660362b4d8b5baa30d3efe
$ git status
# On branch linux-3.8.y
nothing to commit, working directory clean
$

But let me try again after a "git clean -fx" … maybe the kernel build
system has buglets and used some stale files

> btw, I'm using 3.8.6 (from stable tree) compiled with gcc 4.8 on x86_64
> without any issue.

it compiled fine on my x86_64 too

--
дамјан