[arch-general] The "new" opensmtpd package

Chris Down chris at chrisdown.name
Wed Apr 17 20:40:00 EDT 2013

On 2013-04-17 22:04, Sébastien Luttringer wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 1:28 PM, Hugo Osvaldo Barrera
> > Finally, I'm a bit surprised as to how this happened. I planned to
> > propose to move my own package from AUR to [community] at some point,
> > but not yet, since it only has 7 votes (way less than what the wiki
> > describes neccesary).
>
> Be delighted with this move. You will not have to maintain it yourself anymore.
> No need to thanks TUs and Developers for their work. It's free as beer.
>
> > Secondly, I'm confused as to how this is done. If
> > there's a package in AUR, isn't that moved into [community] instead of
> > writing a brand new one?
> I'm sorry, I doesn't took your package. I was not "inspired" by what
> you do and I started a new one from scratch.
> No offense!

I must say I do find it a bit off that a package with a conflicting name would
be added without even attempting to contact the AUR maintainer. There was no
rush to upload this package. You could have contacted him just to say what you
were doing, but you didn't.

> > Please don't take this as a rant of "You broke my email setup!",
> > but rather as a "Hey, this isn't very transpart to the community; how
> > do these thing happen? How do I contact the maintainer? What was the
> > procedure to get this package into [community]? Is there any way I can
> > participate in it's maintenence?"
> Transpart?

Probably should be "transparent".

Chris