[arch-general] Gnome 3.8 and desktop background

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Mon Apr 22 04:49:24 EDT 2013

Gnome 3.8 has now hit the official repos and it looks great.  They
only thing I can't seem to get to work is the desktop background.  I
try to set it to a nice image I have, but my desktop background
remains a dull grey.  The only place I see a change is in window
overview mode.  The only way to get the background on my ordinary
desktop is to turn off "Have file manager handle the desktop" in Tweak
Tool, but then I lose the icons from my desktop.  Please tell me I'm
not forced to chose the lesser of these evils and that there is
something I've missed ;)

/M

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org