[arch-general] Gnome 3.8 and desktop background

Kyle kyle at gmx.ca
Mon Apr 22 18:06:47 EDT 2013

Karol Babioch :
# I guess you are using some sort of an extension to get "icons on the
# desktop"?

It's just the regular tweak tool.

sudo pacman -S gnome-tweak-tool

Click Desktop in the tweak list and switch on "Have file manager handle
the desktop." But using the tweak tool to have the desktop icons gives
me a blue background rather than grey, and I still have a blue
background after I switch the feature off, so this seems like it may be
an unrelated problem.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--