[arch-general] NetworkManager: Issues with symbol when connected via WiFi

Karol Babioch karol at babioch.de
Tue Apr 30 09:10:36 EDT 2013

Hi,

since a couple of weeks I've got an issue with NetworkManager. Although
I'm definitely connected via WiFi and can access my network and/or the
Internet, the symbol from the nm-applet indicates that it is still
trying to connect.

I guess most of you are familiar with the symbol itself. Nevertheless
I'm attaching it in case you don't know what I'm talking about.

This issue doesn't occur every time I'm connecting to a wireless
network, and unfortunately it can't be fixed by restarting
NetworkManager. Usually I have to restart the whole system to get rid of
this problem. The log of NetworkManager doesn't reveal anything strange,
so I'm not sure whats the issue here.

I know at least of one friend of mine who has the same problem, so there
seems to be going on something odd.

Is anyone of you experiencing the same kind of issue and/or knows about
a way to fix it? Looking at the NetworkManager bug tracker I couldn't
find any open issues regarding this :(.

Best regards,
Karol Babioch