[arch-general] Intel SNA artifacts in Firefox

phanisvara listmail at phanisvara.com
Thu Aug 22 03:36:23 EDT 2013

On Thursday 15 Aug 2013 13:33:50 Paul Gideon Dann wrote:
> Since the xf86-video-intel update that enabled SNA by default, I've
> noticed  that some areas of some web pages (mostly flat
> backgrounds)...

so did you follow the instruction given during the intel upgrade by
pacman:

This driver now uses SNA as the default acceleration method. You can
still fall back to UXA if you run into trouble. To do so, save a file
with the following content as /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf :
      Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Intel Graphics"
        Driver      "intel"
        Option      "AccelMethod"  "uxa"