[arch-general] arch rollback machine

Lieven Moors lievenmoors at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 09:02:00 EDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 09:52:52PM +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> On 23/08/13 19:36, Lieven Moors wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone know what is happening with Arch Rollback Machine?
> > The server (arm.konnichi.com) has been unavailable for more than a week now,
> > and I'm depending on it to keep an offline machine up to date...
> >
> > Greetings,
> >
> > lieven
> >

> It has been shut down.
>
> Allan

That is so sad...

Can't we join in some kind of subscription plan,
to pay for the necessary hard disk space, and run arm
on the official arch servers?

Apart from all the possible uses of arm now, I feel there
is also a duty to preserve once's history, especially in an
age where everything has become disposable...

And who knows, in future, a repository like arm might
even become an object of scientific research...

greetings,

lieven