[arch-general] Fwd: Problem with kvm + virt-manager

Martti Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 17:01:52 EST 2013

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 12:08 PM, Maykel Franco <maykeldebian at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm spanish. I love archlinux. I used debian, opensuse, ubuntu,
> fedora, linux mint, fuduntu, gentoo and I like arch above all. I will
> install kvm in arch. I follow this guide:
>
> http://blog.desdelinux.net/instalar-y-configurar-qemu-kvm-en-arch-linux/
>
> I have installed vmware workstation and virtualbox and works very well.
>
> But in kvm, when I create de VM I receveid this error:
>
> Imposible completar la instalación: 'Error interno: el proceso ha
> finalizado mientras se conectaba con el monitor: qemu-system-x86_64:
> -drive file=/home/maykel/archlinux-2013.10.01-dual.iso,if=none,id=drive-ide0-1-0,readonly=on,format=raw:
> could not open disk image /home/maykel/archlinux-2013.10.01-dual.iso:
> Permission denied
> '

Take a step back, think about the last words there. What user is the
program run as and what is it trying to access? In the past I found it
a rather enlightening experiment when I opened a shell as that user
(eg with su, I believe -s could pass a custom shell in case it's set
to /bin/false) and tried to access these files. You should be familiar
with what ls -l returns and chmod/chown?

cheers!
mar77i