[arch-general] Patch for update-mime-info slowness

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Thu Dec 5 14:23:31 EST 2013

On 5.12.2013 20:10, Lukas Jirkovsky wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 7:37 PM, Gaetan Bisson <bisson at archlinux.org> wrote:
>> [2013-12-04 15:00:31 -0500] Sébastien Leblanc:
>>> I am kind of annoyed by the time it takes to update the MIME database
>>
>> Please, please, please. Bug reports and feature requests go to:
>
> I'm not sure whether this should classify as a bug report.
>
> Back to the topic. Lately, I have been annoyed by that, too. Maybe
> it's some recent change (or I just didn't notice it before). I concur,
> syncing something like MIME database that can be easily rebuild in
> case an unlikely filesystem corruption occurs seems kinda stupid.
>
> Lukas

It's a "feature". It happened on 1.1 -> 1.2 upgrade, and I believe that
this commit may be the culprit:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xdg/shared-mime-info/commit/?id=b58fea97ee1579517ced6091b7bd52d788fc01bb

You can try reverting it yourself and then rebuilding the package to see
if this is the actual problem. If it is, I suggest you report bug to
shared-mime-info maintainers (bugs.fd.o).