[arch-general] Patch for update-mime-info slowness

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Fri Dec 6 04:06:29 EST 2013

[2013-12-06 01:14:08 -0500] Sébastien Leblanc:
> I was not
> looking to file a bug, or anything. I am only sharing a patch with
> fellow Arch users.

Then why did you Cc the maintainer of this package?

I'm not insisting that bug reports and feature requests be submitted to
our tracker just to make it harder for you guys to report them. It's in
everybody's interest to do so: this way maintainers can actually track
them. For instance, if a dev loses interest in a package and another one
picks it up, they have the full history of what has been fixed and what
is left to fix. We wouldn't force people to use the tracker if that
wasn't more convenient for us. And from a users' perspective, bugs
reported on the tracker are more likely to get fixed...

--
Gaetan