[arch-general] ArchWiki: bad rendering on Android devices

Jakub Klinkovský j.l.k at gmx.com
Sat Dec 7 14:15:37 EST 2013

On 06.12.13 at 16:53, Lukas Jirkovsky wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 4:39 PM, Jakub Klinkovský <j.l.k at gmx.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've noticed some pretty bad rendering of ArchWiki on my Nexus 7 - see the
> > screenshots in [1].
>
> The indentation is fine on Firefox for Android, but it has a different
> problem – the menu uses too large font, so almost every menu entry
> spans over several lines.
>
> Lukas

Even on wikipedia.org the text is indented from right side (when requested the
desktop version). This is pretty annoying because most wikis don't have a mobile
version. Plus on tablets the mobile version does not make sense anyway.

This sounds like an issue with webkit then, so it boils down to whether it's
easier to fix webkit or provide a workaround for MediaWiki...

--
Jakub Klinkovský (Lahwaacz)