[arch-general] Get netctl status from C?

Daniel Bryan danbryan at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 01:01:39 EST 2013

I run dwm with a custom C program to update the status bar.

So far I can check everything without needing to exec(), e.g. through
libmpd, parsing /proc/meminfo, and so on.

Is there a way to interface with the netctl profile system from C? I
really just want to find the currently actively profile.

I pulled down the code for netctl with abs and it seems to amount
largely to shell scripts that will with stuff in /sys. It doesn't look
too daunting, but I'd prefer a native interface if one exists.

Thanks,

Daniel