[arch-general] build and test packages automatically

Jelle van der Waa jelle at vdwaa.nl
Sun Dec 22 10:49:44 EST 2013

On 12/22/13 at 07:51pm, Guangyu Zhang wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to build an repository. I need a software to build and test packages
> automatically, and to show the status of all packages which is just like
> the buildd <http://www.debian.org/devel/buildd/> in Debian. I have been
> looking for it via Google, but nothing found.
>
> Can anybody give me some advice? I also wonder what software is used by
> official developers to manage the main repository.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Guangyu

Hi,

We don't have software that automatically builds new packages when
something is commited in svn. TU/Dev's usually use devtools ( pacman -S
devtools ) to build packages in a clean chroot. [1]

What automatic "testing" are you looking for? We have namcap which
checks for packaging problems.

To manage the main repo we use dbscripts [2] and for example
communitypkg which is in devtools. You can find a description of adding
a package to our repos in the first link.

1. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:HOWTO_Be_A_Packager
2. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:dbscripts

--
Jelle van der Waa