[arch-general] Locale Changed

Silvio Siefke siefke_listen at web.de
Wed Dec 25 10:44:34 EST 2013

Hello,

On Wed, 25 Dec 2013 14:23:04 +0100
Sebastian Schwarz <seschwar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Setting the LC_* variables to the same value as LANG is
> unneccesary, as LANG will be used if they are unset anyway.  See
> locale(7).

I has do, so in locale.conf i have only LANG=de_DE.UTF-8

> The export statements are what probably break the locale
> assignment.  Because according to locale.conf(5) "beyond mere
> variable assignments, no shell features are supported".  And
> locale.conf is read by systemd, not your shell.

Sorry now little crazy. Should write export or not? In wiki stand
exports thats why i use it.

> Silvio, what is the output of the "locale" command inside your
> XFCE session?

siefke ~/Downloads $ locale
LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_TIME=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_COLLATE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

There stand all german but not present in System. Something really hate me :).
I has delete all folders for config, i start with new account practical, i
create other user. But ever the same. A mix of English and german. Not normal.

> Also make sure the line "de_DE.UTF-8 UTF-8" is uncommented in
> /etc/locale.gen and run locale-gen afterwards.

siefke ~/Downloads $ cat /etc/locale.gen | grep de_DE
#  de_DE ISO-8859-1
#  de_DE at euro ISO-8859-15
de_DE.UTF-8 UTF-8
#de_DE ISO-8859-1
#de_DE at euro ISO-8859-15

siefke ~/Downloads $ cat /etc/locale.conf
LANG=de_DE.UTF-8

Funny thing, i have feeling i must Arch new install. :(

Hope we find the mistake and thanks for help.

Nice Day
Silvio