[arch-general] Status of BlueZ update

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Tue Feb 5 04:16:23 EST 2013

Am 04.02.2013 19:01, schrieb Karol Babioch:
> Hi,
>
> by now BlueZ 5.2 has already been released. I'm wondering what the
> current status for the package on Archlinux is. I've found this (see
> [1]) status report over on "arch-dev-public".
>
> However this is over a month old now already, and I would really like to
> see BlueZ updated in the near future.
>
> Thanks in advance!

It seems to be the hobby of the BlueZ people to make their API
incompatible with every major update. As two bluez versions cannot run
in parallel, and AFAIK there is no compatibility layer, we have to wait
until every stupid application that uses bluez is updated. This always
takes very long, so don't hold your breath.