[arch-general] Arch handbook as PDF

Manuel Olguin manuel.olguin at ug.uchile.cl
Thu Feb 14 10:48:51 EST 2013

On 13 February 2013 19:29, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> Hi :)
>
> is there an up to date handbook, beginner's guide or even better the
> Wiki available as PDF? I already found outdated PDFs.
>
> Languages: English and/or German
>
> I experienced it as very helpful, when installing a *NIX and having a
> handbook available on a tablet PC. I don't have Internet access for the
> tablet PC, I only can transmit a PDF by USB.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf
>
> PS: Pardon, by accident I send this message to
> arch-general-owner at archlinux.org first.

As some already commented, Arch moves too fast for it to really be feasible
to create a handbook. Also, take in account the fact the we have recently
gone through various important changes (migrating to systemd for example),
so every handbook or guide you manage to find is probably going to be quite
outdated.

What you can do, is to open the wiki pages you want and print them as PDF
files. Although even the wiki is outdated on some points, it will
definitely be of great help when installing a new system.

Cheers!
*Manuel Olguín Muñoz*
*
*
Computer Engineering Student at Universidad de
Chile<http://www.uchile.cl/english>
1st Degree Black Belt in Songahm Taekwondo.
Member of Free Culture Universidad de Chile <http://www.cluch.cl/> and
the School
of NonViolence <http://escueladelanoviolencia.blogspot.com/>.

"*No importa en que bando te hayan puesto los acontecimientos; lo que
importa es que comprendas que tú no has elegido ningún bando.*" ~ *Silo*