[arch-general] Configure a console font without initrd

Rodrigo Rivas rodrigorivascosta at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 06:45:09 EST 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 4:34 PM, <jugree at lavabit.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I set `KEYMAP' and `FONT' in `/etc/vconsole.conf'.  `sudo
> /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-vconsole-setup' works. But how can I use it
> after `reboot'?
>
> `mkinitcpio.conf' is not an option because I don't use initrd. I tried
> to add the above line to `/etc/rc.local', but it did not work.

But independently of using initrd or not, `systemd-vconsole-setup` is run
by the service `systemd-vconsole-setup.service`, which in turn is WantedBy
`sysinit.target`. So all should be automatic...

Can you show us the output of
$ systemctl status systemd-vconsole-setup.service
and
$ systemctl show systemd-vconsole-setup.service
?

Regards
--
Rodrigo