[arch-general] Bluetooth with G-Grip Bluetooth Speaker...

David McDow dmcdow at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 21:36:16 EST 2013

Hello Denis,

Thank you for your response.

>What desktop environment are you using? KDE, Gnome, other >windows
managers?

I am using Fluxbox 1.3.5.

>Are you using PuleAudio?

No.

>I have a bluetooth headphone and it works quite well. I use KDE and
>PulseAudio. If you use PulseAudio, I advise you to use pavucontrol
>(PulseAudio Volume Control).

I will look into installing PulseAudio on Fluxbox

>It is very handy to know what the recognized sound cards (the >speaker
will appear as an independent sound card) and how the >programs are using
them.

I believe the answer is installing PulseAudio after searching this keyword
(I've never heard of PulseAudio, but after reading a little, I understand
it's the sound server for ALSA).

I appreciate your (and Gaetan's) help/insight.  I am inspired.

Thank you again,
David