[arch-general] Gnome3: gnome-shell and notifications, broken?

Jan Steffens jan.steffens at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 17:59:10 EST 2013

On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 11:10 PM, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
> What I find surprising here is that
>
> 1. I never get to see the text, no matter what I do
> 2. 'open' doesn't open but removes
>
> Is this weird behaviour unique to my system, or is it just an area in
> serious need of improvement in Gnome3?

1. Weirdness on your system. This is how it's supposed to look like:
http://ompldr.org/vZ3owYw

2. "Open" is meant to close the notification and callback to the application
that sent the notification (e.g. to open a window). Since notify-send doesn't
support callbacks, it just closes the notification.