[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] network interface naming with systemd 197

William Giokas 1007380 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 19:46:04 EST 2013

On Tue, Jan 08, 2013 at 07:13:31AM +0800, Oon-Ee Ng wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 5:33 AM, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 5:41 PM, Sander Jansen <s.jansen at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> uessing for users of NetworkManager there shouldn't be any change.
> >
> > Yeah, NM won't care at all.
> >
> >> And people using 'systemctl enable dhcpcd at eth0' will have to change the
> >> device name?
> >
> > Correct.
>
> Hi Tom, what about netcfg users. I assume we'd need to change
> INTERFACE in all our netcfg profiles, but would simply renaming the
> /etc/network.d/interfaces/{eth,wlan}0 files to the unique names work?

Yes, that will work. I upgraded to this naming scheme last night, and
just changing the names will make it all work fine on the next boot. (If
you don't know what they are exactly, disable the netcfg at xxxxx.service,
run `ip l`, and then edit the /etc/network.d profiles.)

--
William Giokas | KaiSforza
GnuPG Key: 0xE99A7F0F