[arch-general] systemd automount + wake-on-lan dependency

Sander Jansen s.jansen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 17:39:14 EST 2013

I want my media pc to automatically mount several samba shares when they're
accessed. In addition it also needs to wake-up the other machine if it is
currently suspended via WOL.

>From a forum post on xbmc.org (1) I know this can be done using autofs, but
I'd like to see if this can be using systemd alone. I know systemd can
handle the automounting, but what about the WOL?

Is it as simple as merely providing a dependency to the specific automount
service file to first do the WOL? A oneshot unit? Or perhaps part of the
same unit file with ExecStartPre (if there is such a thing in a automount
file)?

Any hints or tips?

Thanks,

Sander