[arch-general] Difference between mkarchroot and arch-chroot

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Tue Jan 15 04:13:58 EST 2013

Am 15.01.2013 09:38, schrieb gt:
> Can someone elaborate on the difference between mkarchroot and
> arch-chroot?
>
> Basically, i want a chrooted environment for testing some program.
>
> Alternatively, is there any other better way to create an isolated
> environment, apart from chroot and VMs.

mkarchroot creates a new system root. If you want to test a program in
an isolated environment, I suggest you look into systemd-nspawn. If you
want more security, libvirt-lxc may be your friend (it seems lxc is
broken in many ways and doesn't work right with systemd, libvirt-lxc
however seems to be fine, I tested neither).