[arch-general] mkinitcpio/fsck.btrfs

Arno Gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 06:34:54 EST 2013

Dear list,

here is my mkinitcpio hook list.

HOOKS="base udev autodetect block lvm2 filesystems fsck usr usbinput
shutdown modconf"

When # mkinitcpio, I get this error:
  -> Running build hook: [fsck]
==> ERROR: file not found: `fsck.btrfs'
==> WARNING: No fsck helpers found. fsck will not be run on boot.

The initramfs-linux.img is still correct, but I was wondering why this
error.
When reading the /usr/lib/initcpio/install/fsck script, it seems to me
fsck will add the filesystem name and run
/usr/bin/fsck.filesystemame.This will of course translate to fsck.btrfs,
which does not exist. /usr/bin/btrfsck is the correct binary.
According to /usr/lib/initcpio/install/btrfs script, the btrfs hook is
not needed when using udev.

How can I solve this issue? Shall I add the btrfs hook?

Thank you for advices.

Regards.