[arch-general] Encryption passphrase has to be entered twice

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Wed Jan 16 05:34:06 EST 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 12:59 AM, Karol Babioch <karol at babioch.de> wrote:
> Has anyone experienced something like this already? What might be the
> problem here?

I have noticed that it sometimes takes some time (~1 second) before
the keyboard starts working in the initramfs (on my MacBook Air at
least, so this _might_ be specific to hid_apple, which would also
affect your friend).

I notice this when I boot with "break", and immediately type "exit" to
continue booting. If I'm too quick it ends up as "xit". Btw, I didn't
look into this, so it might not be a time delay, could also be that
the first key-stroke is 'lost'. Something to check.

> I thought of rewriting the "encrypt"
> hook to output the entered passphrase,

Sounds like a reasonable approach.

-t