[arch-general] rEFInd 0.6.4 + linux 3.7.2-1 fail to boot

André Vitor de Lima Matos andre.vmatos at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 12:53:43 EST 2013

Em 15-01-2013 08:00, Bastien Dejean escreveu:
> I have the same problem (and I don't use *testing*):
>
> When I upgraded to 3.6.11, after rebooting, rEFInd froze at the *rEFInd -
> Booting OS* stage and downgrading to 3.6.10 didn't help. I can boot in
> BIOS mode though.

I've not tested in BIOS mode, as I'm sure it works, 'cause if not, a new
release fixing problem would have been launched. But I prefer to avoid a
upgrade of one release instead of leaving a bleeding corner (UEFI).
I've done some tests, including adding kernel image directly to NVRAM
via efibootmgr with proper options, and still 3.7.1-2 boots ok, and
3.7.2-1 freezes before any boot message. So, the problem is not with
rEFInd, but with kernel and/or EFI implementation.

--
http://www.google.com/profiles/andre.vmatos