[arch-general] MBP 8, 2: Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration

Bryan Schumaker bjschuma at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 15:35:21 EST 2013

On 01/17/2013 03:22 PM, Arvid Warnecke wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 07:03:18PM +0200, D. Can Celasun wrote:
>> @Bryan: I tried setting this up with EFI but it simply wouldn't work
>> so I tried using legacy boot mode + grub-legacy and it all went
>> perfectly.
>>
> I don't know if this is the only solution to the problem, but I have use
> the legacy stuff here, too.

I used the legacy stuff until last week, when I had to send in the laptop to get the screen fixed.  I figured I would try the pure-EFI boot and see if I could get it working this time.  I updated the "Macbook Pro 8,1 / 8,2 / 8,3" wiki page with the grub config changes I had to do, so hopefully this is the last time it's an issue!

- Bryan